The Simple Vinaigrette recipe can be taken to the next level with the addition of a few ingredients and turned into a delicious creamy salad dressing.
- ¼ cup good white wine vinegar( champagne, sherry or white balsamic)
- ½ cup good quality olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sour cream, creme fresh, yogurt or mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 small minced shallot
- salt to taste (the mustard will add salt)
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs ( basil, parsley, dill, tarragon or oregano) or 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- Place all ingredients in a shaker bottle or mason jar and shake vigorously.
- Let rest for 10 minutes or longer before dressing salad.
Perfect over sliced tomatoes or with your favorite salad mix